A-Level High Achievers 2014
Like the past years, this year too, the Universal College Lahore has produced excellent results in the Cambridge 2014 A-Level examinations. Over 20% of our students scored 3 or more As in their opted subjects. The percentage of A*, A, B and C grades achieved by the students is over 70 whereas the pass percentage remained over 94.
We congratulate our students as well as their proud parents and teachers who contributed to these fantastic results.
Advanced Level (‘A’Level) is an internationally recognized qualification. We teach the ‘A’Level programme offered by the Cambridge International Examinations (CIE). Students are enrolled for the Advanced Subsidiary ‘AS’ courses in the first year as it carries multiple advantages for them over the two-year ‘A’Level programme.
- Under ‘AS’, the ‘core’/basic syllabus is taught and student is examined in the Cambridge examinations at the end of the first year. This encourages a student to adopt a relatively more serious attitude towards studies from the beginning.
- With half of the syllabus examined, student can focus more on the advanced content of the syllabus in year two.
- If one doesn’t achieve the desired grades in ‘AS’ exam, one has the option to appear in all papers (core and advanced) in year two.
- Foreign universities prefer the ‘AS’ Cambridge result over the internal college transcript when processing admission applications.
- The ‘AS’ stream allows a student greater diversity in subject choice, which foreign universities value when considering admission applications.
The following subject combinations are offered at the ‘A’Level.
GCE 'A' LEVELS
|• Chemistry OR Accounting OR Sociology
|• Maths OR Lit. in English OR Env Mgmt OR Govt & Politics OR Media Studies
|• Physics OR Economics OR Psychology
|• Biology OR Business OR Fur Maths OR History
|• Info Tech OR Comp. Science OR Law OR Art & Design
|• Urdu OR General Paper OR English Language OR Thinking Skills.
NOTE: A subject is taught if at least six students are enrolled at the time of admission.
To enter a university in UK, the minimum requirement is five GCE passes, two of which must be at the Advanced Level but as those with more than minimum qualifications have a greater chance of admission, we, at the Universal College Lahore, expect a student to take a minimum of three and a maximum of four subjects.
Those wishing to study medicine should opt Physics, Chemistry and Biology while those aiming at engineering are expected to opt Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Science subjects can only be opted at Universal College Lahore if a student has passed the same subjects at the ‘O’ level with good grades. For admission in under-graduate courses in humanities / social sciences, rules regarding the choice of subjects are not so strict.
The completed application form should be returned to the Admission Office with the following:
- Evidence of date of birth (with english translation where applicable)
- Two passport size photographs
- Relevant examination results
- Registration Fee
- Health certificate
The qualifying candidates are called for an interview with the Admission Board.
Confirmation or regjection of admission is communicated to the applicants within 10 days after the interview.
Candidates accepted for admission must complete their enrolment by the date stated in the admission offer letter.
For further enquiries contact:
+92 42 35963335-7
0305 5388775, 0333 4792170